BLC3 - Technology and Innovation Campus
Description of main R&I activities
- BLC3 Evolution was the first entity present at the Biobased Industries Consortium, a very important European programme focused in biobased business.
- There are currently 6 PhD graduations underway, 4 of them in the biorefinery context.
- Has already developed a research cycle from TRL2 until TRL5 considering bio-oil production (an intermediate product of thermochemical biorefineries).
- Development of internal project skills, and biorefinery construction and modelling.
Key contributions for the CoLAB
BLC3 Evolution will focus and contribute to:
- Knowledge development in the biorefinery context for Bio jet fuel, FT Diesel and bioplastics.
- Development of new enzymes and biochemistry processes for chemical blocks.
International Networks / Associations
BIC – Bio-based Industries Consortium.