What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small software tags that are stored on access devices through the browser, retaining only information related to preferences and not including personal data as such.
What are cookies for?
Cookies are used to help determine the usefulness, interest and number of uses of websites, enabling faster and more efficient browsing and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What kind of cookies are there?
There are two cookie groups that can be used.
- Permanent cookies - These are cookies that are stored at the browser level on access devices (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you revisit a website. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, enabling them to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that remain in the browser cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing you to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - Allows you to browse the website and use the applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the required services cannot be provided.
- Analytical Cookies - These are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality cookies - Store user preferences regarding the use of the site so that you do not have to re-configure the site each time you visit it.
- Third-party cookies - Measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third party advertising. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
- Advertising cookies - Target advertising to the interests of each user to target advertising campaigns to the users' tastes and limit the number of times they see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the website organization.
How can you manage cookies?
All browsers allow the user to accept, decline or delete cookies, and also inform the user whenever a cookie is received, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser. You can set cookies in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser.
Note, however, that disabling cookies may prevent some web services from functioning properly, partially or totally affecting website navigation.